Bill Flood – a name You can Trust!!
My real estate career began in 1975 in Austin, Texas with a homebuilder called NHI. In June of 1976, I joined JB Goodwin, Realtors where I earned salesman of the year honors 10 of 13 years (Houston and Austin). In 1989 I joined West End Properties and earned salesman of the year for the 5 years I was there. When the West End Properties Westlake office closed in October of 1993, I joined Stanberry & Associates, Inc., Realtors where I have been salesman of the year 10 of 13 years.
What does all this mean to you as a prospective client? Just that I have a track record of hundreds of successful real estate transactions and bring integrity, knowledge, experience and skill to the table on your behalf.
Other career milestones:
- 1995 Austin Board of Realtors Salesman of the Year
- Certified Transferee Specialist in Relocation
- First recipient of the annual “Recognition of Excellence” award given by Austin Title Company - October 1988
- 1994 - 1 of only 3 people in history of Austin Board of Realtors to receive the Distinguished Service Award from the Austin Board of Realtors
- Charter member of the Elite 25 - The top 1% of brokers in central Texas.
- Chaired the Austin Board of Realtors Realty Round Up in 1995 (the largest Realtor event of the year)
- Chaired the Austin Board of Realtors Installation and Awards Gala in 2005
Born and raised in Texas.
I was born in Bandera, Texas to Bill and Beverly Flood. Mom is a former United States Marine. My Dad’s family was from Galveston and you can read about our family business (Flood & Calvert - marine supply and hardware) on historical plaques on The Strand if you get down there. We moved to Sinton, Victoria and then San Antonio where I attended 3rd grade through high school.
After graduating from Alamo Heights High School in 1968, I attended Blinn Junior College on a baseball scholarship. I went on to Southwest Texas State University (now Texas State University) where I discovered the corporate world would not be for me. I stayed out of college for a couple of years and discovered the wonderful world of real estate. Then I went back to school and graduated in 1974 from The University of Texas earning a business degree in finance with an emphasis in real estate.
My wife, Dinah, and I have 4 children; Alan, Stephen, Shannon and Mark. We have lived in Westlake since 1984 and our children all graduated from Westlake High School. Stephen and his wife, Erin, are expecting their first child (our first grandchild) this November. Dinah and I met in Houston in 1980, married in 1981, and moved to Austin in 1984.
- Big Brothers of America - 1972-1977
- Little League Baseball Coach
- Soccer Coach
- Founding board member of Eanes Education Foundation
- Board of directors for Lost Creek Municipal Utility District
- 2 years as president
- Elected for 5 straight terms.
- Sponsor of the Lost Creek Cruzers swim team
- Coach of the ‘96/’97 “Kings” 5th grade basketball team
- Vice-president of Westlake Hyline 1997/1998
- Fund raiser for Chaps varsity football 2003
Family, church, theatre, travel, reading, baseball, football, basketball, golf, tennis, hunting, fishing, swimming, soccer, volleyball, track, rugby, boating